[ubuntu-us-mi] ubuntu-us-mi] Penguicon Participation

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Mon Jan 4 14:53:32 GMT 2010

Um, I'm sure we can think of a lot of good ideas.  I just wonder if some type of introductory sessions could be provided to educate the non-computer types.  Set some specific short sessions that show the artists how to use the Ubuntu applications for drawing/illustrating/video editing. Music groups could learn the audio software too.
Other hobbies that would benefit from Ubuntu?  I'm surprised when I see someone buying expensive special interest software.  Perhaps we can devise a list of free software that is included in Ubuntu (should already be a list somewhere) that could be distributed at Penguicon.