[ubuntu-us-mi] Penguicon Participation

Rich Elswick painbank at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 23:09:33 GMT 2010

Things I would like to see:

1. A better description found somewhere before the class kicks off - such as
more details so I can decide a bit more in advance if I want to attend
something.
2. It was mentioned to qualify the level of user for a class -> how about
instead of someone that presents it defining the level, have the LoCo
'decide' (not sure how you would want to do that) on what level is
appropriate as well in more detail along with #1 above - before hand of
course.  I hate waiting until the day of or the day before to try to define
what sessions I want to attend.
3. Video stream from Linux to the PS3.  I know a few locals have done this
before, but wouldn't it be cool to be able to bring your Linux machine, set
it up on site and stream the video to a PS3 on site?  I'll bring mine if
needed!
4.  Perhaps ripping DVDs to be able to stream them for #3 above.  I would
love to eliminate my stand of DVDs that the kids seem to love to scratch up
all the time!

Someone mentioned podcasting... well... you could always get an audio system
setup to stream live from the show (for internal of course and perhaps
external) really easily.  Set it up in the computer lounge and then just
have various LoCo members just stream it out from there.  Nothing special,
just do it.  Of course if various people wanted to setup and do different
things with it you could easily enough.  I have the audio equipment setup
and ready to go for 2-3 mics.  I could easily get a workstation/server setup
to stream it out as well if there are some more folks that thinks it would
be fun to do.

Rich

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:45 PM, <jameshice at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like the idea of having programming for various skill levels and
> indicating in the title or description which level(s) might be interested

Rich Elswick