[ubuntu-us-mi] Fwd: Ubuntu Party Weekend…

Greg Grossmeier greg at grossmeier.net
Fri Aug 13 17:30:51 BST 2010

<quoting name="Craig Maloney" date="2010-07-27" time="16:50:06 -0400">
> On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 10:39 -0400, Wolfger wrote:
> > Location doesn't matter to me... I plan to be up in/near Oscoda
> > hitting people in the head with sticks that day. :-)
> > If you move it to Sunday, I prefer CMPL, but not for any unselfish reason. :-)
>
> CMPL is closed on Sundays during the summer. I think they don't restart
> sunday hours until after school starts.

OK, so I obviously dropped the ball on this one. Sorry all!
<insert some lame excuse about work, life, vacation, etc>

So, Ubuntu Party Weekend, also known as Ubuntu Global Jam, is August
27th-29th.

I say given that:
A) That weekend is fast approaching,
B) I will be out of town/offline all next week,
... we should make this simple... with a DOODLE POLL!

Please go here and indicate whether or not you will attend the
date/location. Clinton-Macomb is a northern suburb of Detroit and SRT
Solutions is in Ann Arbor:
http://doodle.com/9d82smxtdmvv6dhw  (assume Noon-5pm for all options)

The date/location with the most green will win. The cut off will next
Sunday (the 22nd) so we have a few days to line things up.

Go forth and vote!

Reminder: The Global Jam is about getting together and helping make the
next Ubuntu release the best it can be. This can involve testing the new
release on your hardware, reporting/triaging bugs for your hardware or
software you use, or testing ISOs (disk images). Also, getting together
with awesome Ubuntu Michigan people is never short of fun, especially at
the after-Jam party.

Best,

Greg

--