[ubuntu-us-mi] potential new member..

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:41:21 GMT 2009

Welcome, Jorge!  (great... now things get confusing, with two Jorge's)

A lot of what we do is independent work (individuals doing bug triage,
packaging, translations, documentation, etc). We do occasionally
organize group activities such as launch parties, bug jams, and
attendance en-masse to Penguicon or Ohio Linux Festival. We recently
participated in the Global Bug Jam, and posted pretty good numbers. I
think the next thing on the agenda is Penguicon [1] where the deadline
to sign up to make a presentation is either approaching rapidly or
already past. I am repeating my Bug Triage 101 class there. Not sure
what else the group has going on. We hold monthly meetings in IRC
(#ubuntu-us-mi) and just generally hang out there on a daily basis.

The group is also fairly Detroit-centric at this time, although we do
have some members in your area. We'd really like to go dual-core here
and have functions on both sides of the state. Please dive in and help
make that happen. (a-ha! We'll call them Jorge East and Jorge West!)