[ubuntu-us-mi] wtf?

Amy Hussey rpgirl1981 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:59:41 BST 2009

I was thinking about using Windows 7 on my new laptop when I get it. Of
course it would be half Ubuntu, but Windows is good for games.

I agree that the FSF has gone too far.  They should look at who they're
alienating.

So, now that we agree, how are we going to tell them that this is
unacceptable?  I don't have a membership to FSF, so I can't cancel, and
telling them I won't get one probably won't do much to change their idea
(since they don't have my money, and they won't get it).

Any ideas?

Amy

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:00 AM, <ubuntu-us-mi-request at lists.ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:04:55 -0400
> From: t jagoda <spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [ubuntu-us-mi] wtf?!
> To: Ubuntu Michigan Local Community Team
>        <ubuntu-us-mi at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> So, I just received my mail from the FSF telling me that they're kicking
> off
> their anti-windows 7 campaign, and that this time it's based off the "Seven
> Deadly Sins."
>
> When is the FSF going to stop damaging our Open Source credibility?  Having
> people walking around in hazmat suits with "Anti-Vista" signs was bad
> enough, now're were going to go and tick off a whole religious sector of
> people by compairing their beliefs to a Microsoft operating system.
>
> I know personally, that if my boss saw a man in a hazmat suit telling him
> use Linux, he'd dismiss it straight away and think we were all wackjobs.
>  Am
> I alone in this opinion, or do you fine fellows feel equally as frustrated
> by the FSF and it's anti-campaign antics?
>  --
>

> End of ubuntu-us-mi Digest, Vol 21, Issue 1

FUD: Beware of the penguin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear%2C_uncertainty_and_doubt

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.  (When all else fails, play dead.)  ~~Possum
Lodge Motto