[ubuntu-us-mi] Penguicon Packaging Jam?

Jay R. Wren jrwren at xmtp.net
Wed Nov 21 14:48:39 GMT 2007

Jorge O. Castro wrote:
>> Anyway, the panel we were planing is basically a sort of Ubuntu 101, so
>> I suppose the target audience would be people who havent had much
>> experience with *buntu, or people who just want to know more about the
>> community/software in general.  As for the names of the panelists, I'm
>> not positive.  GUYS ON THE LOCO LIST, feel free to step forward.
>>

> I'm willing to sit in on a panel and take part in the discussion. Also
> I can take notes and give feedback to the ubuntu developers. Caveat:
> I'd like to see it be a focused Q+A session and not have it degenerate
> into a gripe session. ie. we don't need to whine for 45 minutes about
> unsupported broadcom wireless cards. :)

It sounds like what the panel needs to go along with it is a good
moderator to keep things on track. I volunteer myself for that. I feel
like I have a pretty good idea of the state of things and I certainly
know the pain points that might derail the conversation. It is fine to
bring up "what about DVD or MP3" pain points, but the entire discussion
doesn't need to digress to "things that don't work and I hate
Microsoft." I think I can do the job of keeping it on track and productive.
--
Jay