[ubuntu-us-ma] Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 Upgrade script extremelyinefficient (downloads from the internet, ignores local CD image)

jay at lentecs.com jay at lentecs.com
Sun Nov 1 17:45:40 GMT 2009

It is sounding like a 3 hour upgrade is typical.  But you may also want to run a check on the hard drive if you have a very long upgrade.

One of the big advantages of a fresh install is it allows the drive to remap any bad sectors that may be developing.

Probably not the cause of your problem but for any one upgrading, its good preventative maintenance.