[ubuntu-us-ma] Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 Upgrade...

Randy Cole randyokc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:19:51 GMT 2009

I was able to get the upgrade to work eventually.  As I said, upgrade >4
times longer elapsed time, so I have to agree that fresh install is the
better route.  (Preserve home directory, preserve package list, preserve
plugins/local software)

Upon second reboot, X failed to come up.  Had to boot runlevel 1,
comment out the "Device" stanza in /etc/X11/xorg.conf that mentioned the
fglrx driver.  Same as last upgrade.

In Firefox, had to move /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so to
....swfdec-mozilla-bad.... to pick up the genuine flash plugin.
(Firefox bug).  Same as last upgrade.