[ubuntu-us-ma] IRC Note

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 02:27:06 GMT 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 20:25 -0500, James Gray wrote:
> That would be great!  My schedule is generally flexible in the
> evenings.  I took a crash course in linux system admin in Chelmsford a
> few years ago, but it was very basic using SUSE and I would love to
> continue on where I left off.
>
> I would very much like to improve at trouble shooting issues on my
> system.  In my experience Ubuntu has many things that are very
> specific to it like installing pulse audio by default and /bin/sh
> being a sym link to dash rather then bash.
>
> Thank you all for your offers to help!
> ~James

No problem, if we can set something up then it'll be a weekly thing and
it'll be under the Learn to Teach, Teach to Learn ideas. So once you've
learned together, we want people to be able to teach others and each
other.

This network effect makes it worth while to teach. If you want to be a
part of this kind of teaching network then I'm sure you'd be welcome to
come down. What kind of work schedule do you have?

Regards, Martin