[ubuntu-us-ma] [Fwd: [FSF] Launching the Windows7sins Campaign - Join us Wednesday in Boston]

Drascus enchantedvisionsband at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 23 23:50:41 BST 2009

Well software freedom day is no big mystery it's september 19th
http://softwarefreedomday.org/ . I am perhaps one of the few that think
proprietary software is a social injustice. It's hard to point out an
injustice without talking about why it is wrong. Some people see that as
being negative I see it as being informative. After all Windows, MacOS
and just about every other proprietary vendor has no problem with trying
to persuade people into believing that FOSS is bad. So why should we not
counter and point out why we are good and why they are doing wrong. I
understand the whole two wrongs don't make a right philosophy. But one
wrong with no rebuttal doesn't make right either. if you look where the
proprietary giants are taking things if they own the future a scary
future it will be. We need to maintain if nothing else a counter
balance.

Mike C.