[ubuntu-us-ma] [Fwd: [FSF] Launching the Windows7sins Campaign - Join us Wednesday in Boston]

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 01:14:59 BST 2009

I was actually replying to Mike R. (leftyfb) sorry Mike C. (drascus).

I personally believe that social injustice is the right reason to be
involved with Free Software and why the far reaching problems with
non-free software do need to be explained.

But the event as proposed smacks of sensationalism and I haven't yet
seen anything positive to balance the negative. Closed source won't eat
your babies, but it may impoverish them educationally, economically,
socially and politically.

Let me know whent he FSF office in _Boston_ has chosen a place/date for
_their_ event. Not the world wide airy fairy details, but the real down
to earth event happening in this city.

Martin,