[ubuntu-us-ma] One Week Notice: Team Meeting 2009-04-30

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 04:56:31 BST 2009

Hey Daniel Hollocher,

I've got a number of answers for you.

> 1) Expanding my geek-dev knowledge:

Your welcome to help us set up the systems-admin course that I'm trying
to work with other LoCos to produce. It includes finding and formalising
a class schedule and finding or creating materials and lesson plans.

As for programming, if you'd like to start up an event where people come
to teach and learn ubuntu programming, I'd be willing to come and teach
it. But you'd have to run it. Event organisation is something that this
LoCo is trying to promote in all members.

> 2) The school stuff

Not a lot is happening with education, not advocacy anyway. There is
however a great deal of educational software in the repositories. It
might be worth showing your brother around. I'd also recommend that he
look for other k12 school people who are involved in Ubuntu and try and
secure development funding/resources for any tools that don't yet exist
or need improvements to be useful.

Has he tried Edubuntu? Does he know anything about computer lab setups,
there are some technical considerations outside of the educational tools
themselves.

Best Regards, Martin Owens