LoCo Events you'd like to see?

Brian DeLacey bdelacey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:40:30 BST 2008

Hi Ralph,
Great to see your interest and desire to rally the Ubuntu community.

This weekend, I'm working on an event involving lots of Ubuntu - details/map
at www.solarwirelessmile.com. <http://www.solarwirelessmile.com> This will
take place right alongside the Head of the Charles race; we have a permit to
use Corporal Burns Park.

There will be plenty of educational opportunity around this event. If it
works I'll look into doing this sort of thing again around the time of the
Boston Marathon, the next visit of the Tall Ships or other similar community
events.

Ubuntu's versatility will be evident - running on desktops, laptops, and
netbooks. In addition, Ubuntu has been an integral part of the process we've
used to configure the wireless / mesh routers we'll use to provide free wifi
access.

So here's an open invitation to anyone and everyone who'd like to come by
and engage in discussion and/or help at this outdoor event.

Brian