Quick Books / Quicken & Desktop Publishing

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.us
Mon Nov 3 22:51:32 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 17:31 -0500, Mike Rushton wrote:
> I downloaded it and tried it with Office 2003 and
> it works well. If you need a copy, let me know.

I assume you mean because you don't have any need for your free copy,
and so Ralph can have it.

Codeweavers is a great OSS-friendly company: they contribute all their
work back to the Wine project and Wine would not be nearly as good as it
is without their support.

Plus, the Crossover products are very inexpensive: $40 for the standard
edition and $70 for the professional edition.  I think they have bulk
discounts if your company wants to buy that way.

And, they support Ubuntu natively!

I've been buying licenses (for Quicken support, as it happens) for many
years and I've never regretted it.  If you've never tried it you won't
believe how well it actually works.

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/

Of course the free offerings are worth looking at as well: for me the
online banking features of things like gnucash have never been
sufficient (with my particular bank) to make it an attractive
alternative.  I have too much hacking to do to spend my time futzing
around with writing checks and dealing with finances and such, any more
than absolutely necessary :-).

ObDisclaimer: I don't work for Codeweavers, never have worked for
Codeweavers, don't have any financial interest in Codeweavers, and I
don't even know anyone at Codeweavers.  :-)