Boston Linux Installfest XXIX Saturday June 21, 2008

leftyfb leftyfb at
Wed Jun 11 15:52:21 BST 2008

Boston Linux Installfest XX1X
When:   Saturday,  June 21, 2008 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Where: MIT Building E-51, Room 061
~             2 Amherst St, Cambridge

What you need to bring: Your computer, monitor, power strips and your
Linux distributions. We do have copies of some distributions.
In general we have expertise with most distros, but if you need special
expertise, please email the BLU discussion list in advance.

COST: It's free! However, we DO have expenses, and contributions are
welcome. Please consider contributing $25 per machine.

Our volunteers will help you to install Linux on your own system.  While
Linux runs on most systems, some systems do have configurations and
hardware that may not be supported. Please consult the following web
pages for hardware compatibility. While we prefer you to bring your own
distros, our volunteers will normally have

~ Linux.ORG:
~ Hardware HOWTO:
~ Linux Frequently Asked Questions:

Generally our volunteers have sets of the latest Fedora, SuSE and
Ubuntu distributions:
~  * Fedora - (Fedora 7)
~  * Open SuSE - (OpenSuSE 10.3)
~  * Ubuntu -  (Gutsy Gibbon 7.10)

Please refer to the BLU website ( for further
information and directions. Parking is available in front of the
building on Amherst St. Enter the building, and take the elevator to
your left down 1 floor. Room 061 is opposite the elevator.

- --
Jerry Feldman <gaf at>
Boston Linux and Unix user group PGP key id:C5061EA9
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)