PiCon on August 22-24

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 18:28:54 BST 2008

Pi con looks like a great line up, but it's several days before I have
to move someone into a dorm down the street there. I am not driving
cross state twice. :-(  And it's opposite the ARRL Division convention
in Boxboro this year. [Which darn, I don't have room res for.]

Interesting information turned up at new student orientation -- UMass
OIT is supporting Ubuntu family and RedHat/Centos/Fedora family, and
supposedly  its own distro of linux too. I haven't got details on the
latter yet, but their site search .turns up --

Supported Software & Downloads for Linux. Note: Beginning January 29,
2007, OIT Help Services will begin offering Linux help to faculty,
staff and students. ...
   http://www.oit.umass.edu/software/download/linux.html

Linux Ubuntu - Ethernet Configuration - OIT - UMass Amherst
If you are using a NetReg jack, you will automatically be redirected
to the NetReg Web site. The NetReg site can be found
at:http://netreg.oit.umass.edu/. ...
    http:/www.oit.umass.edu/network/ethernet/configuring/ubuntu.html

[UMALUG] OIT Begins Offering Linux Support. Andrew Ryder atr at
mrcoffee.org Thu Jan 25 10:18:46 EST 2007. Previous message: [UMALUG]
OIT Begins Offering ...
    http:/www.ecs.umass.edu/pipermail/umasslug/2007-January/002197.html
- 4k - Cached - Similar pages

--