Value of switching to FOSS

Joe Palladino mindfulgeek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:42:22 GMT 2008

I was talking to a friend about FOSS and OSS software last night and it
occurred to me that one of the big reasons to switch is that it is
FREE.  Let me explain.

We were talking about bug fixes and updates.  He mentioned that for
F/OSS there are constant updates.  In MS products there are packaged
updates done on a "semi regular" basis.  To me, one of the bigger
benefits of FOSS are the updates.  They are done by enthusiasts and
reviewed by peers and users a like.  Also, there aren't any investors to
please.  A company has to do spin and play down the effects.  We just
rush to fix it.

I was just wondering if in our presentations we talk about this.

Mindfulgeek..
aka Joe ;)

Blog: http://www.mindfulgeek.com