Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:47:30 BST 2008

That is indeed odd, are you running ubuntu? what kind of graphics
card? what kind of wifi card (use lspci or lspcmcia or lsusb to list
devices and put the models here)

I've never seen ubuntu go into 600x800 mode with any graphics card to
date, even ones that it doesn't have good drivers for by default (i.e
nvidia)

The wifi stuff may require ndiswrapper (using the windows drivers) or
it may require this other driver, although in ubuntu compiling new
kernel models is known to be troublesome since it makes updates kill
the new code.

Best Regards, Martin Owens