Ubuntu Bug Jam August 9th at SETC in Boston

Yuriy Kozlov yuriy-kozlov at kubuntu.org
Thu Aug 7 18:30:51 BST 2008

Hello Linux users and advocates,

As part of the Ubuntu Global Bug Jam [1], the Ubuntu Massachusetts
Local Community Team will be holding a Bug Jam this weekend at the
South End Technical Center in Boston.  This is an opportunity to
collaborate and contribute to Ubuntu, or an open source project of
your choice, by triaging bugs.

The event will be held on Saturday, August 9th, 12-5pm at the SETC [2].

All Linux users of all skill levels are invited to participate.
There's work to be done from testing to commenting to fixing.  Have no
idea what helping with bugs entails?  We'll explain!  (But you can
start reading at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs).  A
programmer and looking to fix some bugs and get those fixes into
packages?  You're welcome as well, and we can teach you a bit about
the process of getting a fix into Ubuntu.  If there is some particular
application you'd like to work on, please contact me.

This is a wonderful opportunity to get into contributing to Free
Software because not only will there be a group of people right there
to work with, but people around the world will be working on the same
thing at the same time!  Online collaboration for the event will take
place in #ubuntu-us-ma on irc.freenode.net and any questions we can't
field, we will forward to the appropriate channels.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GlobalBugJam
[2] http://www.tech-center-enlightentcity.tv/

Hope to see people there and excited!

~ Yuriy