Request for help in Somerville

Rick Bailly lifetyme at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 14:03:03 BST 2008

Good morning Jerry,
I just thought I'd send a quick note saying a HUGE THANK YOU for the great job you did last night. The students loved it, all the feedback was very positive, the administration was extremely pleased and I learned a lot about how far Linux has come in the last 5-10 years.

I know a Polo shirt and a Big Mac (even super-sized) dont nearly come close to expressing our appreciation, but I will be singing praises and blessings to generations of your unborn offspring! :)

Thank you again
Rick

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:00:12 -0700 (PDT)
> Rick Bailly <lifetyme at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Good afternoon,
> > I have an unusual request that I was wondering if anyone on this list
> could assist with. Many years ago I was more into Linux than I am now,
having
> worked the last 12 years for a MS shop. I currently am teaching a nite
class at
> Lincoln Tech on A+ OS. The last few classes deal with MACS and Linux.
> >
> > I thought that instead of me just showing a simple Linux install, it
would
> benefit the students more if someone could volunteer as a Linux Advocate
and
> demonstrate all the advantages of a Linux Box, demonstrate an
installation,
> etc. I have not used it enough recently to feel comfortable giving it the
> attention it deserves. I can have a projector and machine available, there
are
> 6 students in the class, which runs 6PM - 9:30ish M-Th. They graduate on
Aug 11