IdeaStorm Ideas

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:43:38 GMT 2007

Post from a Dell moderator on "Open Linux Drivers for all Dell Products"--
"We have certainly thought of this, and in fact this is our stated goal. We
are driving our vendors towards this, but it certainly won't happen over
night.We have this on our server products today, and are driving our desktop
and notebook vendors to do the same. I think you'll see a lot of progress in
this area over the next year or two."

However, they are not currently pushing vendors for open firmware although
they are not opposed to it.