a problem with Compiz-Fusion in Gutsy

Caleb Marcus caleb.marcus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:03:38 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 19:46 -0500, Peng Hardin wrote

> Is there by any chance a hotkey combination to disable CF? I keep
> forgetting to disable it before starting up SecondLife and when I try to
> correct my error while SL is running I get blank windows while opening
> up the Appearance window. (I tend to run SL in a window with Firefox 2
> nightly also running, resulting in the black window bug.)

What you can do in this situation is add a launcher that runs "metacity
--replace && secondlife" or whatever the command to run SL is. Then,
it'll disable CF before SecondLife starts. If you want to add a launcher
to restart CF, use compiz --replace. If you want to eliminate the black
window bug, you'll have to always run compiz with the --indirect option.