Proposition

Caleb Marcus caleb.marcus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:43:53 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 10:35 -0500, Paul wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2007 11:12 PM, Theresa Hepburn <theresa.hepburn at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>         I absolutely agree.
>

> If all one is adding to a conversation is "Me too" or "I agree" please
> trim.
>
> Or, post in a logical way so that what you're agreeing with is right
> above your three word input.
>
> Anyway, I'm Paul Fortin and I just joined.  I'm in Norwood.
>
> Does this mailing list have some kind of posting standards that have
> been agreed to?  If not, can we vote/implement some?  I'd hate to have
> to start adding people to my spam-filter right off the bat because
> they don't know how to post.
> --

Perhaps more important than quoting styles, posting etiquette, etc. is
human etiquette... and that includes not sending rude messages to the
list, especially if you're a new member who really hasn't contributed
much to our community at this point in time. Your message is rude
because rather than challenging Theresa's ideas, you're challenging her
posting style. Basically, you're wasting space with useless material,
and thus are wasting our time. By complaining about stupid things when
you haven't really contributed anything useful to the group, you make a
pretty bad first impression. Perhaps you should think about what
messages like yours tell other people about you as a person... because
right now, I don't think anyone in the group is impressed by your
attempt to reform our posting habits.