Proposition

Yuriy Kozlov yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 18:21:12 GMT 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 1:44 AM, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Indeed, I thought the launchpad group was a moderated one, and everyone had to be
> > approved in order to join. Who does the approving, and if there's a problem, should
> > this process be any different than it is?
>
> It is, but the process at the moment is to grant everyone membership
> (there are three administrators who can grant membership)

Originally the policy was that someone should introduce themselves
through the mailing list or forums or IRC before they get approved as
a member, so that we know that they are from the area as well as that
they know how to participate/communicate with us.  Don't really know
what happened to that, I guess it didn't scale too well.

> The other thing that guine-pig was saying today was that launchpad
> really isn't a useful tool for LoCo teams at the moment; it's immature
> and not designed for what we need.
What is it that we need from launchpad?  Perhaps we should think of
some ideas and bring our needs to the developers' attention.

~ Yuriy