Ubuntu Install Fest etc.

Aaron Haviland orion at parsed.net
Thu Dec 6 05:19:30 GMT 2007

I think the original intent of the installfest in January was to work
with MIT's IAP (independant activities period) and somehow integrate our
LoCo into something that could be a part of that program.

I'm assuming this never came about... or there'd be more information on
the Wiki about it. Is that a fair guess?

Martin Owens wrote, on Dec 05, 2007 at 19:19 EST:
> I have no problem with one in the winter, but as multiple people with more
> common sense than I pointed out; encouraging people to carry heavy monitors
> and computers on the slippery ice may not be a good thing.

I definitely second this safety aspect, and would caution against asking
the public to bring in heavy equipment, but I think we could still bring
in stuff ourselves, as a demonstration or a class of some sort.

<and also>
> > On Dec 4, 2007 7:55 PM, Martin Owens < doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I was pondering the problem with winters, I will talk more about this
> > > at the meeting but I was thinking that we could have a more laptop and
> > > information fest where instead of installing ubuntu we're there to
> > > either a) play network games b) talk about or give presentations on
> > > features and programs.
> > >
> > > Thoughts and feelings? at least it would fill up our winter calendar,
> > > which at the moment I have to say looks rather bleak until spring
> > > time; we should at the very least organise a social event of some
> > > kind.

We definitely should have something in the winters... to keep the
momentum of the group going. Maybe some non-ubuntu related group events
as well.

I'm out of ideas at the moment...

--
Aaron Haviland
34 Wayne Ave, Dudley, MA                       home:  [508] 943 - 7974