New England InstallFest

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Mon Aug 27 19:18:07 BST 2007

We've always asked for voluntary donations, but they're strictly
voluntary, not required.

I'm still waiting for consensus that this room is acceptable before
I put in the request to MIT. As I said before, it looks like we can
squeeze in a maximum of 18 PCs at a time with the available tables
in the room. Normally we use a couple of the tables for admin use
and network setup, which reduces the room's capacity to 14 PCs
at a time. I don't recall ever having more than 10 at a time
at the BLU Installfests.

The room has a few wired network jacks, and I always bring along
a Linksys WRT54G router and a 16-port 100bT switch so we don't
all have to wait 10-15 minutes for MIT's DHCP registration process.

I don't think there's any video in the room, but the classroom
next door is probably also available, and that room does have a
built-in video projector. I can ask for both rooms, if video is
required.