University of Massachusetts Amherst: Looking to hire a Linux-friendly student!

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:47:56 BST 2007

Hey Guys,

Many of you are probably already aware that UMass Amherst has a very
active Linux community and that much research is being performed about
the Open Source community under Charlie Schweik.  They recently
received a 5-year $500,000 grant from the NSF to study Open Source
collaboration, and have IBM funding as well.

Charlie Schweik emailed me and mentioned that he is looking to hire a
student programmer who is familiar with Linux/Open Source.  The reason
I am asking here is because I am hoping that some of you may know
people not currently connected to the UMassLUG, where we normally send
messages.

So, if you have friends (or kids!) at UMass Amherst, please put them
in touch with Charlie Schweik (cc'd).  The University is really a
pioneer in promoting Open Source software collaboration, and I am glad
that I was able to work for IBM and be a part of it while a student
there.  You can read some of Charlie's (et al) papers below...

http://people.umass.edu/cschweik/
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen