Telco switches to Ubuntu from RHEL for one reason...[Ubuntu in the Enterprise]

Jack Daniel jackadaniel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 16:50:06 BST 2007

> As a LoCo we're not in a position to develop things, but as developers
> I am. the problem is that your asking for not only a distro variant
> but something that we arn't going to be providing for free: 'support',
> if someone wants to start a business were they create meta packages
> for ubuntuSME(G) and then sell it with support to local business.
>
> Any takers?

Wouldn't the logical "taker" be Canonical?  Unlike the desktop distro,
or even the existing server, this would be likely to have a fair
number of users willing to pay for support.

I wasn't suggesting this as a local project, just making an
observation from my perspective as a small-mid size business Windows
admin and consultant.  Thinking out loud more than anything else.

Jack