Telco switches to Ubuntu from RHEL for one reason...[Ubuntu in the Enterprise]

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 16:30:53 BST 2007

> Want to see Ubuntu really take off in the small-mid size business
> space?  Come up with an alternative to Microsoft SBS, one box that
> handles the basic needs of a company- and make support available.  The
> SME server project is a very good attempt at this, but without
> support, it is only really appealing to people already somewhat
> comfortable with Linux.  An Ubuntu-fied version of SME would be
> fantastic.  (info on SME at smeserver.org and contribs.org)

As a LoCo we're not in a position to develop things, but as developers
I am. the problem is that your asking for not only a distro variant
but something that we arn't going to be providing for free: 'support',
if someone wants to start a business were they create meta packages
for ubuntuSME(G) and then sell it with support to local business.

Any takers?