[ubuntu-us-in] Ubuntu LoCo Re Approval Process

Robert Freeman-Day presgas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 14:21:46 GMT 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Michael Schultheiss wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:15:07 -0500
> From: Michael Schultheiss <schultmc at cinlug.org>
> To: ubuntu-us-in at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-us-in] Ubuntu LoCo Re Approval Process
>
> Scott D Howard wrote:
>>    How will this apply to the Indiana team more specifically?
>
> I assume you're referring to the Loco Team reapproval.  Here's the
> process:
>
>>> How it will work, for all teams which have been approved over 2
>>> years,a member of the LoCo Council is selected to be the point of
>>> contact with the LoCo team for re-approval, they will contact your
>>> Team contact / leader.
>>>
>>> They will attempt to contact you three times over one month.  Once
>>> contact is made,  you will then invite you to the next available IRC
>>> meeting.  Using the method you were originally approved,
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved.  We just want to see
>>> how you've progressed, your activity, and if you?ve had any issues,
>>> how you've handled them.
>>>
>>> During this time, we may need to have more IRC meetings, but we will
>>> let you know when you are requested to attend. The re approval
>>> process is documented and the information is on the wiki
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamReApproval
>
> Specifically, Simón will be contacted since he's the Team Owner
> (http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-us-indiana)
>
> As a group, we'll need to document what we've accomplished since we've
> been approved and why we should continue to be an approved team.
> According to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamReApproval
> we're in round 2 of the reapproval process and will be working with
> Chris Crisafulli.

Not meaning to be the devil's advocate as I am just about as guilty as
anyone, but what...have we accomplished?

- ---Robert Freeman-Day
I would really like you to be on my side,
but the side you show me isn't what I had in mind.

- -Judybats
GPG Public Key:
http:keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xBA9DF9ED3E4C7D36