[Ubuntu-us-id] Team Meeting

Chris Crisafulli itnet7 at ubuntu.com
Sat May 22 04:07:14 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 18:33 -0600, rihanha wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for setting up the meet - can you confirm if this will be an
> IRC meeting, and if so which channel - Idaho has two listed (both
> freenode) depending on where you look... #ubuntu-us-id and
> #ubuntu-idaho. Wanted to be sure we could all find each other.
>
> Cheers,
> rihanha

Rihanha,

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something! The meeting is going to be
held over IRC (Internet Relay Chat for those on the Mailing List that
might not know what IRC is). We are going to meet in #ubuntu-us-id.

For those wanting more information on how to use IRC or which IRC Client
to use, please the see the community documentation at the following
link:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat

For any of you that are brand new to IRC, and want the easiest method to
to connect I would recommend the Freenode Web Client to get started:

http://webchat.freenode.net/

When you click the link above you should see a login box that will
prompt you for Nickname and Channels:

For Nickname, you should use something that people know you by or that
you would prefer to be called. For this meeting I would recommend you
use a name that the team knows you by.

For Channel just enter: #ubuntu-us-id

It's not necessary to check the Auth to services box, unless you are
using a registered account as far as I know.

Hope this clears it up, see you on Sunday 3:00 p.m. Mountain Time...
(5:00 p.m. EST for me :-))

Thanks for your time!

Chris Crisafulli