Activity...

Gary Singleton gsinglet1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 17:37:56 GMT 2008

Hiya guys, I just wanted to apologize for not being very active since starting the group.  A lot has changed for me since then and the economic downturn has hit me harder than I'd hoped but I'll try to be more available going forward.

I've received a few more inquiries and have suggested that they join the mailing list.  IRC is great but I personally don't have much sit down computer time lately.

I may have mentioned this before but just in case I was just thinking about it and didn't type it out <g> I think that centralizing our activity around the ubuntuidaho.org domain/site would be the way to go.  I just hopped out there and noticed that there's a stub for a forum - I think this would be great to get going.  I'm pretty comfortable with mailing lists, IRC, newsgroups or whatever but I know a lot of people are _very_ comfortable with forums these days plus there's the opportunity to keep things organized.

Basically I'm just saying that in my opinion a lot of groups take the shotgun approach to collaboration / communication with the result of some folks talking here and others talking there with things being missed by the various subgroups.  I think we'd be well served to standardize on something while we're small.  What do you guys think?

In closing I'd like to throw out some topics that I think merit discussion and get your input on them so the following is a list of random thoughts.

*) Physical group meetings in the Boise area?  Perhaps in cahoots with the Linux in Boise Club [ http://web.mac.com/therealbill/LiBC/Welcome.html ]?

*) Kind of related but what about presentations, install fests, a launch party for the next release, etc. etc.?

Well, not much of a list I guess but I need to get going.  TTYS
--
Take care, G.S.