Changing ownership on floppy

Eric Weir eeweir at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 2 21:28:17 BST 2008

Thanks for the explanation, David. I've posted the fstab entry in my
response to Kevin. I'm not sure you mean by "mount it as root but pass
'-o user=YOURUSERNAME' as an option to mount," i.e., what the command
and syntax are. [I'll be checking linuxcommand.com while waiting for a
response.]

Yes, I understand that there are reasons why things are the way they
are, and that, as you say, often, maybe usually, the reasons are good
ones. Still -- keep in mind here that I'm only a mildly sophisticated
user, not a techie, let alone a software engineer -- I wonder if there
isn't a lot of stuff that's been legacied from UNIX from when it was
strictly a mainframe multiuser operating system that is problematic in
the PC environment, especially the home user PC environment. As I say, I
just wonder. I definitely don't know.

Sincerely,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA