Changing ownership on floppy

Kevin Fishburne kevinfishburne at eightvirtues.com
Thu Oct 2 21:02:00 BST 2008

Make sure your floppy line in /etc/fstab looks something like:

# Floppy Drive
/dev/fd0    /media/floppy0    auto    rw,noauto,user,sync    0    0

It should automount floppy disks upon insertion and double-clicking the
floppy drive under Places, Computer. I don't know what kind of
permissions will be used, as the floppy disks are probably FAT16/32
which don't really use permissions. They'll probably be set to
read/write for the user who mounted the floppy drive though.

Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues
www:
e-mail: