ARG, NO NETWORK

Paul Cartwright ubuntu at pcartwright.com
Fri Apr 4 21:02:02 BST 2008

On Fri April 4 2008, Joshua Chase wrote:
> I know Eric Lockhart was having problems with Hardy Network configuration
> too. He set a static IP, and if he rebooted, it would jsut drop all the
> info, he would have to ifdown, change to dhcp, then ifup, then reassign the
> static IP agian..
>
> Craziness I tell ya...

my problem wasn't like that. All fixed now, I reinstalled, and updated:)
now running 2.6.24-14 and back on the net. I think one of my updates got
terminated early, things didn't finish.... just this time I noticed, during
an update, that it was sitting there. I thought it was taking too long, so I
looked ont he screen, and there was a MORE- so I hit enter, and it was asking
me for the default window manager, I had to hit a "1" or a "2".. running 2,
kde4 !
and I've run on static networks before, I know the drill. Mine was just a
( self ) screwed up system.. luckily I have a separate /home, so reinstalling
wasn't too painful.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800