ARG, NO NETWORK

Joshua Chase joshua.d.chase at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 20:28:44 BST 2008

I know Eric Lockhart was having problems with Hardy Network configuration
too. He set a static IP, and if he rebooted, it would jsut drop all the
info, he would have to ifdown, change to dhcp, then ifup, then reassign the
static IP agian..

Craziness I tell ya...

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Paul Cartwright <ubuntu at pcartwright.com>
wrote:

> On Fri April 4 2008, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > > I can't imagine what's wrong (I cannot replicate the trouble here;
> just
> > > updated and everything is still working fine for me), so I can't help
> > > beyond that FTM.
> >
> > yup, tried rebooting, rebooting into older kernel, restarting network,
> sudo
> > dhclient always fails, always Permission Denied..
> > Now I am removing knetworkmanager, maybe reinstalling it from the CD
> will
> > help..
>
> well, looks like I'm hosed.. Maybe dpkg got hung up, but the latest ( try)
> reboot failed, init exited.... It had changed my grub menu, took away my
> older kernel, and I tried to boot into the fail-safe, but that failed
> also..
> time to... RELOAD!
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright