Sunday IRC Meeting

Bill N billisnice at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 22:24:35 BST 2007

Thanks, the processor is installed and the machine is working ubuntu
7.10cd, old beta....   As soon as I get the rc version  i will install
it.  I
hear the computer beeping on startup, i put the memory in another slot and
it stopped.

Do I have to do anything else except  put the cd in and install 7.10 when i
get rc?

thanks for all the help..

On 10/12/07, Eric Lockhart <lockhart.eric at gmail.com> wrote:

> The clear film should easily peel off the bottom before you place it on
> the processor.  It's just there to protect the bottom of the heatsink from
> getting dust, oil, or anything else that can cause more heat.  You could put
> some arctic silver compound on it but it's not required if you don't plan on
> overclocking the processor.
>
> Eric
>
> On 10/12/07, Bill N <billisnice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Got my Athlon 4000 processor in yesterday.  Got it on e-bay and it looks
> > new in a box. I noticed that the fan heat sink bottom has a clear bottom, do
> > i take the clear stuff off the bottom of the heatsink or does it melt and
> > stick to the processor to form a bond?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > On 10/7/07, Nick Ali <nali at ubuntu.com > wrote:
> > >
> > > Accounts -> Add/Edit -> Add.
> > > Select Protocol irc.
> > > Type in a name that you want to use to identify youself.
> > > Change server to irc.freenode.net.
> > > There is no password.
> > > Hit Save.
> > >
> > > Pidgin should automatically try to connect then.
> > >
> > > A window should show up once you are connected. Type '/j
> > > #ubuntu-georgia' and a window or tab with for the channel should show
> > > up.
> > >
> > > nick

> > > join a
> > > >

> > > --