Sunday IRC Meeting

Jon Reagan jreagan1990 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 12:39:58 BST 2007

On Saturday 06 October 2007 22:56:59 Bill N wrote:
> How do you IRC? I am using windows for a few more weeks. I have a slow
> machine with ubuntu installed but it is to slow for the net. I am building
> another pc that should be completed in November.
>
> Thanks
>
> On 10/6/07, Jon Reagan <jreagan1990 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > This is the reminder email for our weekly IRC meeting, for tomorrow
> > Sunday the
> > 7th.  We will be discussing the October F2F meeting, as well as any
> > updates
> > with the InstallFest.  If there is anything else anyone wants to talk
> > about,
> > be sure to bring it up during the meeting.  The time for the meeting will
> > be
> > 3pm, on irc.freenode.net, channel #ubuntu-georgia.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jon
> >
> > --

Bill,

First you need either an IRC-specific chat program, or Pidgin.  From pidgin,
create a new profile.  Select "IRC" as the protocol. Choose irc.freenode.net
as the server (you may need to type it in).  Next, either type /join
#ubuntu-georgia in the chat box (the area you type chat in) or choose "Join
Chat" from one of the drop-down menus.  Type #ubuntu-georgia in the box, and
you will be in!

Hope this helps!

Jon