[ubuntu-florida] Fossetcon 2014 Sept 11-13 Rosen Plaza Hotel - Orlando, FL

Bryan Smith bryan at fossetcon.org
Thu Mar 13 10:22:32 UTC 2014

Hello Guys,

My name is Bryan Smith, I'm the program director of Fossetcon.

The long wait is officially over; we have a new FOSS conference coming to
our area. Fossetcon 2014 takes place in Orlando,FL at the Rosen Plaza
Hotel, Sept 11th-13th! The event is right across from Pointe Orlando on
International Drive(I-Drive), and it's less than 10 minutes away from both
Disney and Universal Studio's.

Fossetcon stands for Free and Open Source Expo and Technology Conference.
It's not a GNU/Linux conference or a *BSD conference. Fossetcon is for all
things Free and Open Source and we plan to represent the whole spectrum.

Fossetcon is a 3 Day collaborative Event:

Day 0: Food(breakfast), training, workshops, Food(lunch) and Certification
Exam Preps

Day 1: Food(breakfast), Keynotes, Expo Hall, Speaker Tracks, Food, Fun and
more Keynotes

Day 2: Food(breakfast), Keynotes, Expo Hall, Speaker Tracks, Food, Fun and
more Keynotes, After Parties(another place that there will be food and
drinks!).

Of course you'll learn all about implementing cutting edge FOSS software,
hardware hacking and meet up with new and old friends!

The Cost of the event is a mere $20 for all 3 days or $10 for 2 days :oP

We are currently looking for volunteers, hams, speakers, sponsors and
attendees. The call for speakers is not currently open yet but I'll
definitely let you guys know when it opens.

If you have a group or company and you're interested in holding a training
session or colocated event during Day 0, please contact me. We have 1.5
hour, 3 hour and 6 hour slots available...Breakfast and Lunch are provided
during Day 0 by Fossetcon!

Visit http://fossetcon.org to find out more information. You can also join
our IRC channel on irc.freenode.net #fossetcon or try this link
irc://irc.freenode.net/fossetcon

More updates are sure to come.

If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know!

Thanks,

Bryan

--
Program Director