[ubuntu-florida] Release Party & App Developer School

Michael Hall mhall119 at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 11 01:28:29 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Tonight we had our team meeting on IRC (postponed from last week).  Here
are the topics that were discussed:

== Ubuntu 14.04 Release Party ==

We're going to try and have an in-person release party this cycle.  It's
tentatively scheduled for April 26th, we're looking for venues on the
outskirts of Orlando, primarily Deland but also Kissimmee. If you have
any needs or preferences on this, please reply to the email. Michelle or
I will email the list again when we have a short list of venue options
to choose from.

You can register yourself as attending (or maybe attending) on the link
below.  Please do that as soon as possible so we know how many people
might be attending, as that will influence the venue selection.

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-us-florida/2737-ubuntu-1404-release-party/

== App Developer School ==

The team Nick (balloons) and I work for at Canonical is working on
course material to teach Application Development for Ubuntu phone and
desktop.  I want to try out that material by teaching an app development
class for the Florida team, it would be an hour or two long event, just
one day, either IRC or Google+ Hangout.  If anybody would be interested
in learn app development, please let me know and also when would be a
good time for you.

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/2677/

== Next Meeting ==

The next meeting is scheduled for April 7th, at 8pm US/Eastern again.
You can add your own topics to the agenda here:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/meetings/ubuntu-us-florida/757/detail/

--
Michael Hall
mhall119 at ubuntu.com