[ubuntu-florida] Software Freedom Day Celebrations in Gainesville

Dan Trevino dantrevino at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 04:10:12 BST 2010

The student GatorLUG group at the University of Florida will be
holding a Software Freedom Day event at the New Engineering Building
NEB456 on Saturday from 10am - 5pm.

If you're in or around Gainesville, please stop by.  See the event
details on locodir:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/392/detail/

for the announcement and contact details.

Dan

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Chris Crisafulli <itnet7 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Team,
>
> Yesterday evening on our Florida Team list we received an invitation to
> join and help celebrate Software Freedom Day 2010 with a couple of Linux
> groups, here are the details:
>
> The Palm Beach Event is located here: http://tinyurl.com/33774vn It's
> about one hour North East of the Library where the Ubuntu Hour is
> scheduled to take place. This seems like a very well organized event.
> The Schedule for the Palm Beach Venue is: 11 am - 4 pm. The PBCLUG (Palm
> Beach County Linux Users Group) is participating in this event, and it
> will be held at FAU Boca Raton Campus.
>
> The Broward County Event is located here: http://tinyurl.com/2859tru It
> too is just over 1/2 an hour from the library, also in a North East
> Direction. The FLUX Group will be running a booth and possibly help with
> installs at the Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information
> Technology Center located on Nova Universities Campus. I was unable to
> get a confirmation of the scheduled time of this event.
>
> *** One thing to remember, More than likely at either venue, you will
> have to pay for parking on campus.
>
> So here are my thoughts. I am planning to come down to Miami either way
> for the Ubuntu Hour (as long as we're still a go for that) and hopefully
> dinner afterward. I am also planning to attend one of the SWFD 2010
> events. Anyone interested in meeting up at one of them? I think it may
> be more convenient for most to go to the Broward County Event, even
> though I was leaning towards Palm Beach myself.
>
> I have added a Poll on http://www.ubuntu-fl.org on the right side bar to
> help us narrow down which event would be preferred.
>
> So any interest?
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> Chris Crisafulli
> itnet7/#ubuntu-us-fl/irc.freenode.net
> http://www.ubuntu-fl.org/team-chat
> Ubuntu Florida Team

---
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Open Standards!