[ubuntu-florida] Congratulations are in Order!!

Chris Crisafulli itnet7 at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 8 06:09:30 GMT 2009

Florida Team,

I just wanted to share with everyone the Great News that Chris
Johnston<https://launchpad.net/%7Echrisjohnston>, John
Pugh <https://launchpad.net/%7Ejpugh> , and last but not least
Michelle Hall<https://launchpad.net/%7Emichelle-qimo4kids>, have all
applied and received their Ubuntu Memberships approximately 5
hours ago. I would encourage everyone to give their congratulations to all
of the New Members. They have all been working really hard for the Team, and
it's great to see it pay off!

Michael Hall <https://launchpad.net/%7Emhall119> and Jimmy
Harris<https://launchpad.net/%7Epak33m>also within the last couple of
months have become Ubuntu Members for all of
the contributions that they have made to the team, and to Ubuntu as a whole,
so my gratitude goes out to them as well.

For the benefit of those that are new to the team here is what you earn by
securing an Ubuntu Membership.....
Benefits of Membership

Membership entitles you to the following benefits:

   -

   Voting privileges to confirm Ubuntu Community
Council<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncil>nominations.
   -

   An @ubuntu.com email alias that forwards to your real email address. See
   UbuntuEmail <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuEmail> for more details.
   -

   An *ubuntu/member/your_nick* cloak on freenode - See
IrcTeam/Cloaks<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrcTeam/Cloaks>.

   -

   The right to print business cards with the Ubuntu logo - The business
   cards can be found at the
BusinessCards<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BusinessCards>page, you will
need to take care of the printing yourself.
   -

   Syndication on Planet Ubuntu of your Ubuntu blog or the Ubuntu category
   posts in your blog, if you have one. Follow the registration instructions on
   PlanetUbuntu <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PlanetUbuntu> to add your blog!
   -

   An Ubuntu Member title at the Ubuntu Forums. See this
post<http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=445211>for more
information.
   -

this page<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/LWN>for instructions on
how to apply.
   -

   Ability to join the Official Ubuntu Members group on
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/>.
   See Membership/LinkedIn <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/LinkedIn> for
   more information.
   -

   Signing up for SixXS <https://www.sixxs.net/> account with an Ubuntu
   email address and a link to your Launchpad page will grant you an "Ubuntu
   Credit Bonus" of 25 credit
points<https://www.sixxs.net/faq/account/?faq=credits>.

   -

   SFTP access to a Web-accessible directory on
people.ubuntu.com<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PeopleUbuntuCom>

Some of the things that the election council looks for are sustained and
significant contributions of approximately 6 months. If you are new to the
team but have been contributing to Ubuntu for a while those contributions
still count, just make sure that your wiki page reflects all of your
previous as well as current contributions. Find out the full details of
Ubuntu Membership and other particulars by following this
link<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership>
.

I would encourage all of you that are seeking membership to try and become
more visible in events that the team particpates in. Jump outside your
comfort zone, and lead a presentation or two, or show up for a bug triaging
session and learn some of the Ropes. All contributions no matter how large
or small help Ubuntu.

If you are new to the team just hop into the IRC at #ubuntu-us-fl (if you
are new to IRC and want to try our web based client that will get you
directly into #ubuntu-us-fl click
here!!!<http://www.ubuntu-fl.org/team-chat/>)and introduce yourself
and ask how you can get involved. If you aren't
comfortable with IRC, you can visit Florida LoCo Teams
Site<http://www.ubuntu-fl.org/>.
The last two resources at your disposal are, The Florida Team
Wiki<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam>and Our Florida
Team Forums <http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=225>.

Thanks so much for being a great team, We have accomplished a lot in 2009,
Hopefully we'll achieve even more in 2010!!!

Chris Crisafulli
Florida Team Lead
itnet7/irc.freenode.net/#ubuntu-us-fl