[ubuntu-florida] BarCamp Orlando

Christopher Rohde christopher.rohde at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 05:45:58 BST 2007

Hey gents,
Recently Ropetin brought up the fact that there is an attempt at organizing
a barcamp in Orlando (www.barcamp.org if you want details on what they are).

There was an organizational meeting on Saturday to determine interest and
feasibility, and it evidently went well, with around 30 people there to
start planning.

I think this would be a good event for us, and they are supposed to be
pretty darn fun (only caveat is that if you go, you have to also present or
help with a presentation... makes things interesting).

If you want to see whats up, they've organized a wiki and a blog so people
can grab the RSS and track whats going on.

http://www.barcamporlando.org/

http://wiki.barcamporlando.org/bco/show/HomePage

Even if we as a loco don't want to help or participate, I am pretty sure
I'll be going... at the very least its good geek networking within Florida
;)

Chris

--
Christopher Rohde