[ubuntu-florida] Draft of new member welcome message

Martin Wilson martinmwilson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 00:27:56 BST 2007

Below is a draft of a possible new member welcome message.  It will
also be on the Wiki at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/WelcomeMessage.  I have been
maintaining new users as they join Launchpad and will send this
message to each one as soon as everyone approves.

__________________________
Welcome [user_name] and thank you for joining the Ubuntu Florida LoCo;
 we appreciate your interest!  There are many things available through
the Florida team.  Below is a list of all the resources in which you
may be interested.

    * The Wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam).  You can edit
any page here.  This serves as a base of information about our LoCo.
    * The Launchpad.  You have already signed up here, that's how you
got this E-Mail.
    * The mailing list.  Go to
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-fl to sign up for
our mailing list.  This is the primary way we communicate.
    * The forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=225).  We
have a subforum on Ubuntu Forums.  This is another means of
communication.
    * The IRC channel (#ubuntu-florida on irc.freenode.net).  Ubuntu
Florida members are usually idling here.  Additionally, we hold 8:00
PM EDT meetings on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month.

Again, thank you for your contribution and we hope you enjoy our stay.