[DC LoCo] Recent 10.04 LTS Observations - ONLY

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sat May 7 07:43:36 UTC 2011

I tried to use Ubuntu 11.04 and had major issues.  I could see the
wallpaper, but nothing of the desktop UI.  Graphic elements of the
desktop randomly flickered in and our too quickly for me to see what
was on them.  In general, it was unusable.  The loading splash screens
were also heavily corrected with white lines of what looked like ASCII
text.  I tried Kubuntu and Lubuntu 11.04 and had similar issues with
the splash screens.

I've reverted back to 10.10 for time being.

My hardware specs are...
CPU: 1.2GHz AMD Athlon XP (Single-Core 32-bit)
Mobo:  PC-Chips K7 Socket A w/SIS chipset
RAM:  1GB PC2700
HDD:  IDE 160GB UDMA-133
DVD:  Sony 16x DVD-RW IDE
GPU: 8x AGP Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 w/512MB DDR
Sound: Sound Blaster Live 24-bit PCI
NIC: Realtek 10/100

I did not get an error message saying my hardware could not run Unity.
 Any advice?

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts