[DC LoCo] Ubuntu and the Law of Attraction

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 18:05:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Ted Smith <teddks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 16:58 -0400, Michael Haney wrote:
>> Anyway, a notebook that I had professional declared dead is now fully
>> functional and running Ubuntu 11.04. Even Unity works! But, I found it
>> unstable and buggy, so I'm sticking with the Ubuntu Classic desktop.
>> I'm hoping Canonical can iron out Unity's issues with 11.10 or I'll
>> have to stick with this until the new LTS release.
>
> So you could fix the notebook using the law of attraction, but not
> Unity?
>
> If you do ever use positive thinking magic to fix Unity, could you make
> sure to send your patches upstream? That would be greatly appreciated by
> everyone who is incapable of using their thoughts alone to manipulate
> the physical universe.

LOL

Actually, everyone can do it, but if it ever happens I'll be sure to
send the source code to the right people.  ;-)

I was summarizing for space, its a bit more involved than just
positive thinking. You can blame that movie "The Secret" for not
covering all of the fine details of the Law of Attraction. You need to
go to the source, the material from Abraham-Hicks.

Anyway, my notebook is still going strong as if nothing had been wrong
with it. I even have the external VGA port working like it should. I
haven't tested the external S-Video port, the IEEE1394 port, nor the
Expresscard/54 port yet. IEEE1394 is pretty much dead nowadays.
Apple's abandoned it for Thunderbolt, and they were the ones using it
the most. As for an Expresscard, I'd been thinking of getting an
external SATA controller.

Anyone know of a good ExpressCard/54 SATA controller that works with Linux?

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts