[DC LoCo] Ubuntu and the Law of Attraction

Ted Smith teddks at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 15:26:26 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 16:58 -0400, Michael Haney wrote:
> Anyway, a notebook that I had professional declared dead is now fully
> functional and running Ubuntu 11.04. Even Unity works! But, I found it
> unstable and buggy, so I'm sticking with the Ubuntu Classic desktop.
> I'm hoping Canonical can iron out Unity's issues with 11.10 or I'll
> have to stick with this until the new LTS release.

So you could fix the notebook using the law of attraction, but not
Unity?

If you do ever use positive thinking magic to fix Unity, could you make
sure to send your patches upstream? That would be greatly appreciated by
everyone who is incapable of using their thoughts alone to manipulate
the physical universe.