[DC LoCo] An Install Fail Party

Frank J. Gómez frank at crop-circle.net
Thu Sep 9 19:20:02 BST 2010

Thanks for the pointers.  Well, the Gateway machine is out of my hands now,
but I've got a Dell Inspiron 5160 that is exhibiting the same problem.
 Removing quiet splash from the vmlinuz line didn't do it.  I also tried
adding i915.modeset=0 with no success.  Is that addition supposed to be on
the vmlinuz line as well?  I'm trying the nomodeset option mentioned in the
release notes next, with the assumption the option goes at the end of the
vmlinuz line.  If that fails, I'll reread Kenneth's email and see if that
takes me anywhere good.

-Frank