[DC LoCo] using ubuntu with boot camp on a mac?

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Mon Mar 29 15:21:36 BST 2010

   Just curious if anyone here is using Ubuntu with boot camp on a
Mac? I've started dabbling with video editing in Ubuntu and found that
virtual solutions, such as VMWare, are not fast enough for video
editing.

    Although I love a good tech challenge, setting up Ubuntu with boot
camp on a Mac seems pretty involved. It might be easier for me just to
buy another SATA laptop hard drive and install Ubuntu onto that.
Swapping hard drives on a Macbook takes all of three minutes, I've
heard.

          Phil

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html