[DC LoCo] more info: init: ureadahead-other main process (xxxx) terminated with status 4

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Sun Mar 21 12:32:11 GMT 2010

Hi, and good morning. I had a few tips about my LiveCD problem, but now,
even in Beta and not Alpha, I still cannot boot up a 10.4 LiveCD.
However, I am getting further along because the CD now gets to this:

init: unreadahead-other main process (xxxx) terminated with status 4

( xxxx are various process numbers..... )

THEN the CD completely stops. I have to manually eject the CD and
reboot. I am using the latest ISO from:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/20100321/

Does anyone "think" that this is indicative of what will happen after an
on-line upgrade to an existing system based on a SATA HD?

Celeron D 3.3 GHZ CPU
2GB RAM
MSI P4M890M3-V Micro-ATX Board
On-board audio, LAN, and video
Been running fine since Ubuntu 7.10

Thanks for any hunches.....If my H/W won't support it, I'll try another
Linux, but I do NOT want to go back to MS. I was really looking forward
to Lubuntu.....

Marti